Welcome to uLearnMONEY! This is a financial literacy course made for those who are interested to learn and enhance their financial literacy.
- This Financial Literacy Level 1 Course consists of 6 financial trending topics, with a total of 19 learning videos and 6 quizzes.
- Learners are advised to spend at least one week to complete the course.
- You will receive a digital certificate upon completion of this Financial Literacy Level 1 course.
This course will assist you to comprehend effectively on these topics mainly on setting goals, financial planning, money attitudes and habits.
Topic 1: SCENARIO & INTRODUCTION
- Did you know that only 1 out of 3 Malaysian adults are financially literate? Let’s fix that now! In this first topic, we will highlight the common money dreams and concerns that most people wish to attain, while covering common financial pitfalls that we may encounter later in life. We will also introduce uLearnMONEY to you and how it can help you to achieve your financial freedom.
Topic 2: MY DREAM & MY GOAL
- When it comes to financial planning, organisation and focus should be our main priorities. This second topic will illustrate why being organised and staying focused are so important in managing our money. It will also show that organisation and focus isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Small steps in organizing our finances and focusing on a goal will help us to achieve our financial freedom immensely.
Topic 3: SETTING GOAL
- We have many ambitions in life. Becoming a great employer/employee, owning a house, or even just staying healthy and happy are just some of our goals in life. The third topic in this series will explain how prioritizing our goals will help in sorting out our life. Setting our priorities will help us to focus on what we want, which in this case, is financial freedom.
Topic 4: FINANCIAL FREEDOM AS YOUR GOAL IN LIFE
- To achieve your goal of financial freedom, you need to have the right mindset. In this lesson, we will learn the first step towards acquiring the knowledge and how to manage our money wisely. But first, we need to get ourselves into the right mindset before you take the plunge. When you do this, the rest of your journey towards financial freedom will be easy as 1-2-3.
Topic 5: FINANCIAL PLANNING
- This topic will cover what you need to know about the value of our Ringgit. Price does not necessarily equal value, but we need to know how to get the most value out of our Ringgit. Furthermore, the value of our currency will always decrease over time, thanks to the phenomenon of inflation. A million Ringgit in 1989 is only worth around RM400,000 now. That’s over half its value gone in only 30 years. Therefore, we need to know how to manage our money to maximize its value for us.
Topic 6: MONEY ATTITUDE & HABIT
- Our money habits will determine how we spend or save. If we constantly spend on luxuries and/or unnecessary items, we will never reach financial freedom. Even if we try and save, our social circle may also pressure us into spending more than we intended. In this topic, we will learn how to manage our attitude towards money, and master it to achieve our financial goals.
The average time to complete and learn this course: 1.5 to 2 hours
This course was curated by: Mr Nicholas Chu & Mr Brandon Ng
Name of presenters: Juztyn, Farah & Heidy
#Let’s elevate our financial literacy together! Happy learning! =)